Cleaning Resources Round-up
BUT FIRST. . .
First, I need to tell you a little story. A story about being adaptable when you are faced with circumstances beyond your control . . .
The past two months have been a roller coaster ride of an adventure for us and our housecleaning. I wanted to have different posts ready for you about cleaning, but that was not be.
- our vacuum quit
- then our washer broke
- and then our kitchen sink nozzle fell off in my husband’s hand (on a Friday night)
The Vacuum Died
When our vacuum quit we resorted to sweeping our carpets. It wasn’t really too bad because we don’t have a ton of carpet in our tiny place (it’s mostly ugly lino which we can’t replace because we rent). We adapted and we prayed that God would provide. I was actually glad that vacuum broke because of the nasty warnings it had in the manual it about children under 12 not being allowed to use it (seriously). God did provide a vacuum from Jonah’s dad during their surprise visit.
The Washer Broke
Then when our washer broke, my husband started washing all our clothes by hand in the backyard (I am glad it was summer time). With a family of seven you can’t just take a carload of laundry to the laundromat everyday (the cost would be crazy), not to mention the fact that we don’t have a car. He was able to keep up with the laundry by doing one load per day. We got a little behind when his family showed up from out of town, but his dad made up for it by buying us a new washing machine.
The Sink Nozzle Fell Off
So, that was quite a week we were having and then the sink nozzle fell off in my husband’s hand one night while he was washing dishes. Of course, it had to be a Friday night. We decided to rig up this contraption and make do until Monday. We called our landlord on Monday and told them our sink was broken. We didn’t hear back at all. So we called again on Tuesday and told them that the sink was broken and we were using our garden hose hooked up to the laundry sink in the basement to do dishes. Well, they called back within the hour and sent someone over fairly quickly. Let me also mention that this issue with the sink nozzle has been recorded on our annual walk throughs for a few years now and they haven’t done anything about it. Our new sink nozzle is wonderful, much better than no sink nozzle.
A Few Of My Favorite Blogs & Websites
Some eBooks That You Will Love
My Pinterest Boards About Cleaning
- House Cleaning – General
- House Cleaning – Tips & Tricks
- House Cleaning – Recipes
- House Cleaning – Creative Chores
- House Cleaning – Laundry
The Rest Of This Week . . .
I have loads of fun stuff coming your way this week. You won’t want to miss anything, so make sure you are subscribed and following me.
Visit A Few Of My Blogging Friends
I am also excited to be participating in with Sidetracked Sarah and another group of 22 wonderful bloggers to bring you this series on Organizing and Cleaning. This week we are talking about all things Organizing and Cleaning:
- 5 Days of Organizing Kids Toys Into Centers
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Computer
- 5 Days of Organizing & Cleaning Your Kitchen
- 5 Days of Cleaning Your Mind & Body
- 5 Days of Meal Planning & Menu Organization
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Home to Promote Literacy
- 5 Days of Organizing on the Cheap
- 5 Days Of Organizing Homeschool Supplies
- 5 Days of Cleaning Up Your Cleaning Supplies: Going Natural
- 5 Days of Organizing Kids Clothes
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Fitness Routine
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Kitchen Tools
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Hospitality
- 5 Simple Tips for an Organized Life
- 5 Days of Favorite Cleaning Tools
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Bathroom
- 5 Days of Organizing for Classical Education
- 5 Days of Organizing When You Don’t Feel Like It
- How to keep the house clean with kids – mums share secrets
- 5 Days of Organizing for Back to School
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Linen Closet
- AND ME 5 Days of Cleaning Your House
Who is Ready For Giveaways?
Okay, you stuck with me to the end of this post. Now it is time to hop over to Sidetracked Sarah’s and enter to win prizes.
Don’t forget to leave a comment here before you go.
Do you have a favorite blog or eBook about cleaning?
Do you have a Pinterest board about cleaning or organizing?
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post. If you purchase something through an affiliate link, I will earn a small commission which will bless my family.