What is it with my kids and noses right now? Zion injured his nose recently and I wrote on Facebook about how Malachi stuck a Skittle up his nose.
This morning Hosanna stuck a tiny round lego up her tiny nose.
Zion came into my room and asked me to wipe his nose (we have colds) and then Hosanna came in and asked me to wipe her nose.
As Hosanna was leaving the room, I heard her say, “What about the Lego?” I shot up straight in bed and started freaking. Lego in the nose? Oh please let this be a dream.
Jonah tried the tweezers, but her nose is so tiny that it was next to impossible.
I called my mama because she has experience in dealing with things up noses. No, she didn’t stick anything up her nose, I did. I stuck a crayon up my nose when I was little.
My mama took me to the doctor and the doctor said, “I’m going to plug her nostril and blow in her mouth.” (or something like that). And it worked.
Apparently I didn’t learn because when I got home I told my mama that I stuck another crayon up my nose. She told me it would just have to stay there because she wasn’t going to the doctor again. (to the best of my knowledge I don’t still have a crayon up my nose, so I must have been joking – my poor mama).
Okay, back to Hosanna.
We tried a couple of times with the tweezers and thenI had called my mama. Now it was time to try plugging one nostril and blowing in her mouth. I tried that a couple of times and then Jonah tried the tweezers again. Then in one last ditch effort I tried blowing in her mouth again. And out flies this tiny round Lego covered with boogers and just a tinge of blood (from the tweezers I think).
I called my mama back in relief. I did not want a doctor’s visit this morning…
And I wondered what I would find to blog about today. So what exciting things are happening in your life today?
I apologize for not getting a post up for Tech Tuesday yesterday, but life has been a wee bit crazy around here since my son’s trip to the ER on Sunday (post about that coming soon).
Since my husband and I both work from home on our computers we have naturally incorporated computers into our homeschool. Our children have learned how to do all of the following (and more):
- search the internet using a variety of search engines – Google, Bing, Dogpile, and DuckDuckGo
- use a variety of educational software such as – Creativity Express, Rainbow Rock, Vroot And Vroom, Inspiration and Kidspiration.
- use Libre Office for basic word processing
- the basics of blogging (links to their blogs will be coming soon)
- create graphics with Inkscape
- create basic animations using Anime Studio
- watch videos on Netflix (we are taking a break from Netflix right now, but they have some awesome videos)
- watch educational videos that we have purchased (Mathtacular, InquisiKids, and Body Of Evidence)
- watch educational videos online using – Discovery Education Canada
- used ComicLife to make comics
- used various mapping software online (Google Maps and Mapquest) to explore various areas around the world.
How do you use the computer in your homeschool?
Put the link to your Tech Tuesday post in the comments section and we will come visit you. Don’t forget to grab the button and put it in your post or on your sidebar (optional).