The recent earthquakes and the tsunami warnings have prompted some learning on the fly around our house. We were interested as a family to discover more information.
Our first question was, “What type of earthquake was it?” So we went to Google to discover the answer. There were lots of resources, but this was the most specific.
Armed with the above information, we searched for more details about that type of earthquake. Here is a web page that explains the various types of earthquakes.
If you want to take a bit of time and study earthquakes in more detail, you can check out the resources below:
- Earthquakes (perfect to visit with the kids)
- All About Plate Tectonics (perfect to visit with the kids)
- Intro To Plate Tectonic Theory (perfect to visit with the kids-some evolutionary information)
- Faultline (great for older kids or mom and dad – history of earthquakes)
- Wordfind (a printable word find about earthquakes)
- One Page Info Sheets (some printable information sheets about earthquakes)
- Earthquake Topics: Lessons Online (an excellent collection of lesson plans and information online)
More information about the Chilean earthquake: