In light of the recent teacher’s job action in B.C., I have been thinking about some of the reasons our family has chosen to learn at home. This list is not exhaustive by any means.
- We can learn in our pyjamas.
- We can learn when we are sick.
- We can take vacations on our own schedule.
- We don’t have to pay for child care.
- We can learn at our own pace.
- We can take field trips whenever we want.
- We don’t have to worry about over crowding.
- We don’t have a limit to the number of special needs kids in our classroom.
- We can tailor the learning style to meet each individual child.
- We don’t have to worry about strikes (unless mom and dad want to go on one).
What are some of the reasons you homeschool?