I apologize for not getting a post up for Tech Tuesday yesterday, but life has been a wee bit crazy around here since my son’s trip to the ER on Sunday (post about that coming soon).
Since my husband and I both work from home on our computers we have naturally incorporated computers into our homeschool. Our children have learned how to do all of the following (and more):
- search the internet using a variety of search engines – Google, Bing, Dogpile, and DuckDuckGo
- use a variety of educational software such as – Creativity Express, Rainbow Rock, Vroot And Vroom, Inspiration and Kidspiration.
- use Libre Office for basic word processing
- the basics of blogging (links to their blogs will be coming soon)
- create graphics with Inkscape
- create basic animations using Anime Studio
- watch videos on Netflix (we are taking a break from Netflix right now, but they have some awesome videos)
- watch educational videos that we have purchased (Mathtacular, InquisiKids, and Body Of Evidence)
- watch educational videos online using – Discovery Education Canada
- used ComicLife to make comics
- used various mapping software online (Google Maps and Mapquest) to explore various areas around the world.
How do you use the computer in your homeschool?
Put the link to your Tech Tuesday post in the comments section and we will come visit you. Don’t forget to grab the button and put it in your post or on your sidebar (optional).