I want to introduce you to a new weekly feature on Sunflower Schoolhouse. It has come to my attention that my readers are looking for a weekly meme about technology. This is something that my husband and I enjoy using in our homeschool and writing about it is a natural extension. So, welcome to the very first Tech Tuesday @ Sunflower Schoolhouse.
The rules are simple. Write a blog post about how you use technology in your homeschool. Link up the actual url to the post. Visit other party goers. Have fun. The link will be open for a week – until next Monday. Don’t forget to grab the button.
I thought I would kick off the first week with a top ten list – Top Ten Tech Gadgets We Use In Our Homeschool. Beside each of the items, I have made a short list of a few ways we use each item.
- Computers – internet access, word processing, blogging, graphic design, animation, educational software, netflix, educational videos
- iPad – transition, communication, education, internet access
- XBOX – transition, PE, music, videos
- Portable DVD Player – transition, quiet time, education
- DVD Player – educational videos, family time
- Digital Voice Recorder – podcasts, memory tool, note taking
- Television – educational shows, family time
- Airport Express – plays music or audio books to any room in the house by attaching speakers
- USB Flash Drive – holds music to play on the XBOX, transfer documents between devices
- Digital Camera – record the things we do, memories, blogging