Okay, let’s be real here folks…
I had this amazing post planned in my head for the start of the new year, but people have been sick around here since December 24th. That amazing first post of the year has been the farthest thing from my mind. My mind has been on helping my family get through the flu as quickly and easily as possible.
Here are my top ten ways to cope with the flu:
1) Avoid it completely if possible.
2) Put all the sick people in one room (if possible) and let them veg in front of educational shows (or not educational shows, but it sounded better that way).
3) Give them buckets and lots of towels and hope for the best.
4) Nothing by mouth for 6 hours after throwing up (repeat if throwing up occurs again, but it usually it doesn’t).
5) Use the BRAT diet to cope with diahrrea (after following the guidelines above). The BRAT diet is bananas, rice, apple sauce, and toast.
6) Drink clear fluids, suck on ice, eat jello and popsicles.
7) Lysol spray all of the light switches and door knobs.
8) Go over board on the hand washing.
9) Keep up with the laundry (yeah, right!).
10) Did I mention rest?
How do you cope with the flu when it strikes your family?