An Update On My Week
This has been a rough week for our house, BUT I still managed to walk four times (four miles). The flu hit our house really hard this week. 3 out of 5 children have spent most of the week with vomiting and diarrhea.
Our diet this week has consisted of crackers, toast, rice, applesauce, bananas, etc. Mostly things on the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast) diet to help combat the diarrhea. It is hard to be creative in the kitchen when the smell or thought of food is making the littles sick.
Part of me feels like a failure for not pushing through the fatigue and even the waves of nausea to do more walking, BUT I need to give myself grace.
I also need to NOT let this week be a set back, but a spring board. In the past things have gotten off track and I quit.
I AM NOT QUITTING! Yes, I am yelling, but NOT at you.
Little people are starting to feel better and I need to resume my walking and kick up the pace.
I was determined that before this post went up today, I would walk.
I did walk ONE MILE.
It was a hard mile to walk because I had to work through some excuses to get it done.
- Excuse #1 – My joints have really been hurting.
- Excuse #2 – I am really tired from severe lack of sleep with everyone being sick.
- Excuse #3 – The babes were sleeping in my bed, so I couldn't exercise in the bedroom.
- Excuse #4 – The big kids (one of them still sick) were watching tv in the livingroom and I didn't want to disturb them.
- Excuse #5 – I took my laptop to the kitchen. I put my dvd in and it wouldn't let me get to the menu. UGH. I tried three times and it just kept resuming the video.
Okay, now to find a way to solve these excuses.
I went to Leslie Sansone's website where there is a one mile walk. I put that on and finally got walking. In case you need to solve an excuse, here is the link to the one mile walk.
I can see that conquering the excuses is going to be an ongoing battle (not that I really thought it was going to be easy).
You know what though, I felt so much better after I walked. It was worth the effort.
My goals this week will be pretty much the same as last week:
- walk 1 mile twice each day
- drink more water (I like it with ice or sliced lemons)
- eat more fresh veggies and fruit
- make my food more colorful and interesting
I have also made some decisions:
- I will only be taking my photos once a month. I will share those photos on the 1st Thursday of the month.
- I will only be measuring once per month. I may OR may not share the measurements on the 1st Thursday of the month. If I lose significant inches, I will most likely share how many inches I have lost.
Other Mama's Who Are Working On Their Health