Cleaning Your House
This week on Sunflower Schoolhouse we are talking about Cleaning Your House. I didn’t choose this topic because I am perfect, but because I love it when my blogging helps me to accomplish my goals in real life. With a new school year upon us, we need to get some cleaning routines in place AGAIN.
Small Space, Big Mess
We have 7 people (2 adults and 5 kids) in a 4 bedroom townhouse. The main living area of the house is fairly small even though we have a decent number of bedrooms. We have one room that is roughly 20′ x 12′ that functions as our living room, dining room, school room, office, family room, etc. You get the point. We live in that room. It is the most used and most consistently messy room in the house.
Small People, Big Mess
I am amazed at how much mess 5 little people can make. We are constantly cleaning and picking up after these little people who think the floor is a dropping ground for EVERYTHING. We have been working on this issue for a long time and the only thing that seems to work consistently is reminding them (which feels like nagging).
Making Cleaning Fun
Since I don’t like being a nag all the time, I was determined to make cleaning a little more interesting by adding an element of fun (at least sometimes). I have come up with a few games to use when we really need to get the work done, but kids are less than inspired to work just for the sake of working.
My first cleaning game pack was made way back in 2009 – The Cleaning Game The Cleaning Game (27 downloads)
My second chore game pack (the one in the picture) was made earlier this year – The Chore Game The Chore Game (33 downloads)
Visit A Few Of My Blogging Friends
I am also excited to be participating in with Sidetracked Sarah and another group of 22 wonderful bloggers to bring you this series on Organizing and Cleaning. This week we are talking about all things Organizing and Cleaning:
- 5 Days of Organizing Kids Toys Into Centers
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Computer
- 5 Days of Organizing & Cleaning Your Kitchen
- 5 Days of Cleaning Your Mind & Body
- 5 Days of Meal Planning & Menu Organization
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Home to Promote Literacy
- 5 Days of Organizing on the Cheap
- 5 Days Of Organizing Homeschool Supplies
- 5 Days of Cleaning Up Your Cleaning Supplies: Going Natural
- 5 Days of Organizing Kids Clothes
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Fitness Routine
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Kitchen Tools
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Hospitality
- 5 Simple Tips for an Organized Life
- 5 Days of Favorite Cleaning Tools
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Bathroom
- 5 Days of Organizing for Classical Education
- 5 Days of Organizing When You Don’t Feel Like It
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Grocery Budget
- 5 Days of Organizing for Back to School
- 5 Days of Organizing Your Linen Closet
- AND ME 5 Days of Cleaning Your House
Don’t forget to leave a comment here before you go.
How do you motivate your littles to clean?
Do you try to make cleaning fun?