We went out to Beacon Hill Park one sunny day. Along the way I captured some flower photos. Here is one I greatly enjoyed.
I found the Bread In A Mug (S) recipe on page 265 of THM. I was looking for something to catch the gooey yolk from my over easy eggs. We can’t have almond flour, so that was out. I wanted a savory bread, so we subbed all flax meal for the almond flour. After some reading on the internet, I discovered that you can sub flax meal 1:1 with almond flour. Originally I had skipped over recipes that called for almond flour, but I might reconsider some of them now that I know we can swap flax meal 1:1 with almond flour.
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp flax meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- herbs and spices as desired
- Stir well.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
What I was looking for was a savory bread that would nicely soak up the drippy yolk from my over easy eggs. I didn’t want something dry or anything weird tasting. I love the taste of the yolk and this bread does not over power that. This easy flax bread has a slightly nutty flavor. It is not dry. It was easy to spread butter on. Overall it was awesome!
I am looking forward to changing up the flavors by trying different combinations of spices and finding different uses for this Easy Flax Bread.
Another meal everyone loved. Everyone went back for seconds and NO ONE complained. Did you hear that? Not one of my picky kids complained about this meal. I am loving finding foods that we all enjoy. Oh and get this… the recipe is super easy!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 thickly sliced pieces of left over roast (chopped into small pieces)
- 6 peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning (add more for a spicier dish)
- grated cheese (optional – we used old cheddar)
- sour cream
- Put everything into one pan and fry it until cooked. (We use a stainless steel roasting pan across 2 burners.)
- Add your favorite toppings.
See, I told you it was simple! This was an S meal for me (Honey) and we added a side of brown rice and black beans (rinsed and strained, straight out of the can) for anyone who wanted or needed them. We need to find a place that sells giant bags of brown rice. This served 9 with a wee bit of leftovers and everyone who wanted seconds got them.
- Cook it in the oven – Put it all in a pan and cook in the oven at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
- Cook it in the crockpot – Throw it all into the crockpot and cook it all afternoon (not sure how long).
- Serve it with low carb tortilla shells. Or regular for everyone who is not on THM.
- Ways to make it go faster – chop your meat before you put away your next leftover roast.